Wall Colour Combinations Ideas
Wall Colour Combination – An Overview
Deciding wall colour combinations is a tricky task when renovating your existing home or designing a new room. There are infinite paint combinations for walls of the living room, bedroom and kitchen. However, shortlisting wall colour combinations is a subjective choice. You may like sober hues such as beige, white and grey, whereas some may prefer bold shades and patterns on the wall. Remember wall paint colour is associated with giving warmth and comfort. Therefore, make a thoughtful choice for wall paint combinations.
Washing out your walls with a single colour is a standard idea. Try dressing your walls in more than one colour and see how it makes your room lively. The pairing of wall paints is fascinating and a visual treat, if done appropriately. Darker shades in the lower part of the wall and lighter on the top creates a sense of space. Wall paints also highlight specific architectural features in the room. For instance, a combination of wall paints around false ceiling area can give an eye-catchy appearance when chandeliers and wall lights are on. Get in touch with your interior designer to know about the best paint combinations for walls.
Guide to Select Wall Colour Combinations
Possibilities for interior wall colour combinations are varied. This guide will inform you about two-colour wall combinations and help with smart design choices for your space. Consider the below to avoid any wall colour mistakes:
• Know the difference between active, passive and neutral wall colours. Passive colours like blue, green and purple have a calming effect while active colours like red and yellow excite the mind. Neutral colours include black, white, brown etc. These are less vibrant and mostly considered as a safe choice.
• Once you know about the hues, decide the desired paint finish – matte paint, semi-gloss paint, absolute shiny paint or satin paint. Each one gives a distinct effect in its way.
• Next, test the shortlisted wall paint colours. Especially when you are using a combination of two colours, it is advisable to check how the wall colours look in the daylight and indoor lighting. Paint the test strips at an eye-level and ensure it looks appealing even from a distance.
• Match your wall colours in sync with the room furniture and decorations. It will create a consistent room theme and leave no scope for a mismatch.
• Use the wall paint apps available on the play store to get a colour palette. Some apps are quite helpful in deciding wall colour combinations as you can upload the room photo and find matching colour options.
Types of Paints for Interior Walls
Make your home walls look gorgeous with a set of appropriate interior wall colours. Every individual dream of a beautiful home and aspires to decorate their interior walls with appealing plain and textured wall paints. Transform the entire look of your home with contemporary wall paints. A perfectly finished home brings positivity and longevity. Besides a combination of wall paints, artistically done wall painting has the power to uplift your mood and keep the surrounding lively. Let us have a glance at different types of paints for interior walls:
• Emulsion paints are water-based wall paints available in exotic colours. The acrylic binder in emulsion paint makes it scratch resistant and diminishes the fading effect, keeping the wall colours intact.
• Acrylic distemper paints are water-based paints giving a smooth matte finish to the walls. They can be applied directly on cemented walls without any coating. Distemper paints are a cost-effective choice as compared to emulsion paints. They are environment-friendly paint with no mixture of lead or calcium.
• Sheen paints are high gloss wall paints used for decorative walls, exterior walls and vibrant interiors. They are moisture-resistant and easy to maintain.
• Enamel paints are oil-based paints that give a shiny glass like finish to the walls. They are easier to apply and dry faster.
• Egg-shell paints give a subtle sheen and low lustre on the walls. They are ideal for living room and dining areas as they do not pick up dirt easily. Egg-shell paints are good to coat any bumps on the walls.
• Textured paints are best for creating designer walls, followed by a creative theme. Brick, marble, fabric, wooden, smoky and sea are a few common wall textures seen in modern-day homes.
To simplify your search, visit https://indigopaints.com/readymade-color-combination for readymade colour combinations, best suggested for interior and exterior spaces.
Bedroom Colour Combination Ideas
A bedroom is a place where most people spend their time sleeping and lazing around. For everyone, a bedroom is a comfort zone in the house. Therefore, it is advisable to upgrade and refurbish your bedroom colours every 3 to 4 years, to avoid dullness and monotony. Check different bedroom colour combination ideas and try giving a fresh look to your bedroom.
The bedroom combination should be such that motivates you every morning and gives a relaxing feel when you come back home. Here are some inspiring bedroom colour combination ideas that will ease your search and enhance your interiors:
• Go Jazzy: If your bedroom is spacious, go for a creative theme and try unique combinations such as turquoise and lavender, lime and purple, black and mustard shades etc. These are unique tones that are not bright yet appear sophisticated. Finding bedding and decorations add to the beauty of wall colours.
• Go Light: If there is less space in the bedroom, prefer pastel colours and neutral wall paints. It will create light coloured walls and make the room spacious. For dual colour tones, it is best to keep white or beige colour at the base and combine the second colour. For instance, combine white with blue or beige with brown for lighter bedroom combinations.
• Go Deep and Dark: Deep colours on the bedroom walls like maroon and navy blue keep the bedroom cosy and warm. When illuminated with wall lights and decorative lamps, the dark wall colours give an impressive appearance.
• Go Artistic: Selecting a single-colour wall paint combined with theme-based hand painting, gives an artistic appearance to the room. Ethnic feel get reflected beautifully with coloured paint-brushes on light coloured walls.
Besides standard bedroom combinations, walls can be covered with a forest background, floral backdrops or a sunrise reflection in combination with the pastel wall shades.
Colour Combination Recommendations for Different Rooms
Interior design and wall colours of your home should reflect your style. With the assistance of an ace interior designer and quality home products, you can customize your rooms in the best possible way. Right from kids’ room, to couple-rooms to bathrooms, there are endless interior colour combinations for every space in your home. Check the below recommendations to decide different colour combinations for each room:
Kids Room Painting Ideas: Blue or pink are versatile shades for kids’ room. Blue for boys and pink for girls are the standard colours that people consider. However, you can turn the kids’ room wall into an attractive piece of art with brighter wall paints combined with huge wall art of your child’s favourite things such as teddy face, slides, swings, fairy, ice cream etc.
Living Room: Choose a sober colour combination for the hall area of your house. The living room is one space that is frequently visited by outsiders. So, make sure it is not very loud with wall colours and not cluttered with heavy furniture. White and grey, beige and brown, grey and blue are some subtle wall colour combinations accepted universally.
Master Bedroom: Give a makeover to your royal master bedroom with a serene colour palette of blues and greens combined with white. You can also give a crisp look with a darker coat like emerald green with white.
Kitchen Colours: If you don’t like your kitchen walls with bright paints, use vibrant shades on the cabinets. Deep brown and orange, signature red and white, natural earth tones, modern rustic and stone wood combinations are the trending patterns for kitchen space.
Guest Room: You may have many visitors exploring your guest room throughout the year. It is not possible to match everyone’s colour preferences. Apply your personal choice of walls colours and create a peaceful room for guests.
Overall, pinning down wall colour combinations for different rooms is not that complicated as it may seem. Decide combinations for one room at a time. Note the shortlisted options for wall colours and accordingly finalize the best. You can also research about trending wall colour combinations and get hold of similar images for clarity. Investing in wall painting is expensive, especially for a bigger house. Hence, decide on the wall colours thoughtfully, so that you don’t shed the money twice on wall painting.