Protect the wood from photodegradation, discolouration, and harmful UV rays with Sleek Base. Available in 14 natual wooded colours, Sleek base is designed to handle small movement in wood to prevent cracking and warping. It can be bought in a 1-liter pack size and tinted to the desired colour.
- Protects wood from harmful UV rays and prevents discolouration / photo-degradation
- Penetrates wood and prevents fungal attack
- Allows movement in wood and ensures dimensional stability
- Available in clear and 14 other natural wood colours
Surface preparation & application
- Sand the wooden substrate sequentially, along the grains, with abrasive paper, grit 80-180.
- Clean dust and dirt.
- Apply 1-2 coats of Sleek Base Colour, then allow for 48 hours of drying time.
- Sand gently using a scrub pad to remove any dust that may have settled on the paint film. Apply second coat.
- After drying, Sleek Base can be over-coated using an appropriate topcoat for longer life.