Available Pack sizes: 20 kg
Primer Surfacer is a primer made of white cement used primarily prior to coating masonry surfaces with cement paint. Cleaning up the surface and making it dirt-free is a key aspect for using the Primer Surfacer on interior or exterior.
- Economical priming for plastered surfaces
- Ideal for application before cement paint coating
Surface preparation & application
- Clean surface thoroughly with a stiff wire brush, to free it from dirt and algae. Wash or brush down previously painted surfaces.
- Remove flakes or powder by scraping or wire-brushing.
- Saturate the surface with clean water several times and allow excess water to disappear.
- Mix equal parts of cement paint and water, by volume, and apply the first coat with long hair brush.
- Cure with water after 6-8 hours.
- Apply the second coat 24 hours after the application of the first coat, and again cure with water after 6 hours. Two coats of Primer Surfacer are sufficient for most surfaces.
- Do not use saline water for mixing or for curing. Do not use waterproofing compounds either as a base coat, an additive or a top coat.
- Restrict the use of blue, pink and green shades to interiors as they are liable to fleet on exterior applications.
- Avoid using dark shades over large unrelieved areas. Do not apply cement paints on non-absorbent surfaces such as glazed bricks or previously painted enamel work.