Things to remember before selecting a wall putty
Buying a new home? Or renovating your home? Along with the tile changes, and choosing the right wallpapers and the items of furniture, a very important aspect that comes to a homeowner’s or an interior designer’s mind is the house paint. Many house owners believe that selecting the right colour of paint is the most critical when it comes to painting their house. However, equally important is the quality and method of paint, as homeowners would not want to splurge on painting every year. The right quality and right technique of painting ensure that the paint lasts for long. Often, the walls might not be plain and straight, and this is when the painters use wall putty as a base to give the wall paint a smooth finish.
Applying putty on walls have various other benefits, like adding shine to the wall paint. It is often used on both interior and exterior walls. The painters use wall putty to protect and enhance the paint. The wall putty colour should ideally match your actual wall paint colour. Where the acrylic wall putty gives the paint a matt finish with its plastic ingredients, the glossy wall putty gives the paint a prominent glowing feel. There are a number of wall putty variants available in the market for consumers to choose from to enhance their wall paints.
Here are a few tips and points to remember when you are selecting a wall putty design.
1. Waterproof Wall Putty: Protecting your walls during heavy rains with its waterproof feature, the waterproof wall putty is the ideal wall putty option for maintaining long-lasting wall paint. Waterproof wall putty can be used for both interior and exterior walls. It is formulated with white cement and silicone that makes it waterproof. Easy-to-use and free of lead, mercury, and chromium compounds, Indigo’s premium quality waterproof wall putty is easily available
2. Keep in mind your wall paint colour: There are several wall putty colour variants, from dark acrylic colours to the light tone ones. However, when picking your choice of wall putty hue, opt for either a plain white one or a colour similar to your wall paint to avoid any mismatch.
3. Specific Wall Putty: With a plethora of wall putty options available, ensure that you pick the one most suitable to your wall type. Even though a wall putty can be used for both exteriors and interiors, it comes in variants suitable for each wall type. For example, for exterior walls, you may opt for Indigo Polymer Gold Series that comprises white cement and polymer to ensure a smooth finish to the rough texture of the exterior walls. This is the ideal wall putty option for surfaces like bricks, concrete and cement plasters.
4. Smoothening Extremely Rough Walls: If your exterior wall is very rough, opt for the Indigo Polymer Silver Series made out of cement and re-dispersible polymer. This wall putty not only gives the wall a smooth finish but also controls water vapour and has a long-lasting effect on the paint.
5. Wall Putty for Metal Surfaces: A wall putty is beneficial for wall paints, but the market also offers a wall putty exclusively meant for furniture and metal paints. Painting a metal surface? Indigo Paints offers a Red Oxide Metal Wall Putty that is made of alkyd. This Metal Surface Red Oxide Wall Putty adds opacity to the metal colour and provides good adhesion. It is available in various sizes, even as little as 200 mL, keeping in mind the less amount of wall putty required for a metal surface.
Whenever buying a wall putty, always buy the smaller pack to confirm that it matches with your wall or any surface’s colour and resistance. Wall putty usually takes 10 hours to dry up post-painting. A wall putty ensures that the wall paint does not chip off and is long-lasting. Browse through various types of wall putty at https://indigopaints.com/putties-and-primersAlso Read How to use wall putty to make your walls look beautiful? What is acrylic putty?