Home paint colours you must try this monsoon
The Monsoons are here, bringing relief from the sweltering heat. While we are inclined to keep our windows and doors open and soak in the happiness, there is an inherent risk of our homes getting affected by the moisture and water seepage. This may result in moist wall patches, and paint peel offs and even wall cracks in some instances.
However, poor construction quality of your home may not be the sole reason for your season-related issues. It could also be due to the inferior house paint combination that would have been used earlier.
Are you thinking of painting your home this monsoon season? This article will help you make an informed decision on the house paint combination.
House Paint Combination Overview
Home paint colour combination leads to the first impression for your house.
A right quality house interior colour combination not only adds to the aesthetic value of the house but also protects it from dirt, discolouration, and rain. Rainwater seepage leads to expansion and contraction of the plasterwork and brickwork, which lead to cracks and it peels off over the years.
Therefore, having the right house paint combination for both exterior and interiors of the house becomes of utmost importance to combat any such weather effects.
Indigo Paints brings to you – Indigo Dirtproof & Waterproof Exterior Laminate, a high quality waterproof exterior paint.
This paint forms an elastic-like coating on the walls and prevents damage even if there is prolonged exposure to rain. It has been formulated explicitly with revolutionary nanotechnology to impart a levelled and dirt-resistant surface that will keep the exteriors glowing for many more years.
It also provides a durable coating on those micro-cracks preventing water seepage. UV-resistance, alkali resistance, potent antifungal, and algae resistant characteristics make it truly different from the other paint brands available in the market.
Types of House Paint
Let us look at the various types of house paint combinations available in the market today.
1. Textured paints
Textured acrylic paints are a preferred option if you want your walls to be tough to face any extreme weather and prevent any dents, cracks, or disfigurements. This is one of the most used home paint colour combinations seen on house exteriors.
2. Silk smooth paints
If you like your house to be butter smooth from the outside, then a house paint combination of smooth paints should be the right choice for you.
However, a prerequisite for applying smooth acrylic paints is to have an extremely smooth surface before applying them.
3. Oil-based paints
For houses with uneven exterior walls, it may become difficult to apply water-based acrylic paints. In this scenario, oil-based paints can come to the rescue. These are highly durable and water-resistant but are prone to highlighting the deformities due to their glossy nature.
The trick here is to apply the paints in a colour combination, i.e., use oil-based paints on only those portions of your wall that you want to highlight while the rest can be painted with acrylic paints.
How to Select House Paint – Guide
Investing in a house paint combination is a big financial decision for any household after every few years. Therefore, invest your hard-earned money by following the below-mentioned guide.
1. Invest in a premium quality house paint – Getting yourself a premium exterior house paint combination by using the Indigo Dirtproof & Waterproof Exterior Laminate will ensure you won’t have to worry about re-painting for a long time.
2. Mix-n-match – Select a home colour combination keeping in consideration the colour schema of surrounding spaces such as a patio, bricks, or stone foundation. The house paint combination should be such that the colours blend very well.
a. Leverage technology – Nowadays, paint manufacturers provide a convenient option of testing the home colour combinations using online colour matching tools. Experiment with the tools to identify and shortlist the right colour combination for your home.
3. Buy and try samples first – Once you have shortlisted the house paint combination, buy sample paint swatches and colour them on a small portion of your wall. Observe the colour at different times of the day to confirm if this looks and feels like you had envisaged.
Painting Tips – Getting Started
Now it’s time to roll up your sleeves and start with the paint job. Most probably, you will hire a professional painter to do the paint job. In case you are a DIY (Do It Yourself) person when it comes to house interior colour combination, we will help you with these quick tips.
1. Clean and scrub the surface – Ensure the wall surface is free from dirt, dust, and loose paint. Scrub properly with a brush to get rid of the moss, mould, and algae, particularly on the areas where water can get stagnated.
2. Prepare the surface – Fill the crevices with a mixture of sand and cement in a 3:1 ratio. For freshly plastered walls, allow 85 to 90 days of prior curing. For best results, use Indigo Polymer Putty.
3. Apply the primer – Apply a coating of primer, acquired by diluting the primer with water in equal proportion (Use of Indigo Exterior Wall Primer is recommended).
4. Paint the surface with multiple coats – Follow with two coats of exterior house paint combination, attained by diluting the paint with water in a ratio of 5:2. Put three coatings for levelled surfaces like sunshades and window sills. Apply with a roller, brush, or spray with a 5-7 hour interval between the coats. For best results, use Indigo Dirtproof & Waterproof Exterior Laminate.
Find another reason to enjoy this monsoon by getting your house painted, that too, without any associated hassles. Indigo Paints offers a range of high-quality interior and exterior emulsions for your perfectly envisaged house paint combination that will last for years to come.
Step by step guide of how to use waterproof exterior house paint