Benefits of roof painting
A well-maintained roof is a reflection of a safe, protected home. A neglected roof, on the other hand, is not just an unsightly feature but also a sign that you may have trouble in your home in the future, if not already. It is also a sign that you need to prepare yourself for added expenses in house maintenance. Here is an attempt at understanding roof painting and its importance better.
Roof Painting – An Overview
Roof painting can best be explained as a liquid coating given to roofs. This fluid acts as a membranous coat which offers the roof added protection and safety, and also gives it a new lease of life. Roof paint serves in two most significant ways – it is an important step in the maintenance of exteriors and interiors, and also adds aesthetic value to the structure.
Although it may seem simplistic, the process of roof painting has several components and steps involved. Not surprising, considering roof paint is only the final product that goes onto your roofs. Analysis of the roof and its condition, cleaning, repairing, priming, and painting are some of the elements involved in giving roofs a complete overhaul. When executed on new structures, good quality roof paint can help keep the structure well protected and in good shape for much longer.
Types of Roof Painting
There are several kinds of roof paint available today. Your consultant will be able to advise you best, depending on the kind of roof, as well as the nature of exposure and weather involved.
● Masonry waterproof roof paint: This kind of exterior paint uses a mixture of latex and ceramic. It is amongst the most commonly used roofing solutions globally. It is almost universal in its applicability and tends to absorb solutions, including water and chemicals quickly. This paint waterproofs not only roofs but also bricks, stones, and concrete, making it highly versatile. What is perhaps of the greatest value in current day is that this paint is environmentally friendly. Using this paint will allow complete safety against water, as well as protection from fungal growth on the roof.
● Epoxy waterproof paint: This exterior roof paint has a stronger waterproofing ability since it is made with epoxy resins. It is ideal for roofs which experience greater levels of dampness and water penetration. Since the paint is thicker than other roof paints, it is a more suitable and durable option.
● Acrylic waterproof paint: The distinct character of this waterproof roof paint makes it an excellent choice. It is amongst the most durable and effective paints for terraces and roofs, offering protection against the water of all pH levels. Its elasticity allows contraction, thereby expelling water from its surface. Other great features that make it a great option include its quick-drying nature, and adaptability to the application using sprays, brushes, and rollers. The fact that it is odour free and quick-drying are some added bonuses.
Steps to Roof Painting
Roof paint is the last of the applications to your roof. It merely seals all other coats and provides a final finish to the roof or terrace. It is important to follow certain steps when undertaking roof maintenance to ensure you have a long term solution for your home.
● Cleaning: Assuming that a complete inspection has been carried out to assess the condition of the roof, cleaning forms the first of the various tasks to be carried out. This step entails purging the roof of all dirt and debris, moss, and other growths that may have developed. This step is critical in ensuring a smooth, easy application of roof paint and other products. A thorough cleaning can also help ascertain the presence of cracks or other problems before you go ahead with an exterior paint.
● Repairing: At this stage, cracks in the roof, broken ridges, and other issues are addressed. Any metal components present are checked carefully for weathering, rusting, or presence of moisture. At this stage, it is ideal to use a fungicide for added reinforcement to the roof paint. Repairing forms a critical step, as it is almost impossible to undo things once roof paint has been applied.
● Painting: The surface is now finally ready for a fresh coat of roof paint. While your consultant will advise you on the best choice, weatherproof roof paint can help protect your roof and terrace for much longer. The material and finish of the roof will, however, dictate the kind of paint that is ideal.
Benefits of Roof Painting
Your roof paint does a whole lot more than add finish and beauty to the structure. Apart from protection, there is a great value that exterior roof paints can bring. Here is what a paint does to your home and life:
● Brings down energy cost: A well-executed exterior paint job can lower energy costs. Through the added insulation, you will notice a greater level of natural climate control. The lowered need for air-conditioning and heating can be among the biggest gifts your weathershield roof paint can give you.
● Protect: Roof paint doesn’t just protect your home, but your life too. Waterproof roof paint can help reduce the formation of algae and fungus and lower the presence of allergens that arise from moisture and water. The air and walls in your house are bound to be dryer and cleaner.
● Appeal: The aesthetic value of your home is bound to increase when you are protected by quality exterior roof paint. This is not just great for as long as you live in your home but also when you are looking to negotiate a price for it.
Considering roof paint for your home or office space is a serious choice. Weathershield roof paint can help improve its look, its well-being, and also the environment. Indigo roof paints can add life to your home, and truly bring your home to life.